Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's Up Wednesday? EVERYTHING!

I am not sure if I am going to have an interview for this week. I allowed myself to get too far behind and the interviews did not go out as planned. On a good note I finished my manuscript for the Chapter Book Challenge (which is mostly why I'm behind). I wrote 25,052 words last month and I'm really quite tired. I think I kind of deserve a break this week anyway! The story I wrote was based off a short story I wrote for the Chapter Book Challenge's SuperHERo Tales. For the Challenge this time I wrote a YA novella. Though the story is complete I'm not happy with the story like it is. My two options are doing a YA novel or making it a Graphic Novel. The latter of which will take a long, long time to do (with my current time restrictions). I've got it in my proverbial drawer. Going to email it to myself now, so if something happens to my computer I still have it! A bonus to this event, I won my very own KINDLE! Yay me!

What I'm Reading

Finally, finally finished Julius Caesar Brown and the Green Gas Mystery by Ace Hansen. I was pleasantly surprised with this book. It was a lot of fun to read! I never thought I'd have this much fun reading a book about gas. Seriously, I have a thing against that, but I read the book and thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit~



What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm pretty burnt out with writing so I'm not sure how much I'll get done this month. Other than the YA Novella draft that I finished this month I also got a PB draft done! It's pretty sketchy, but it's still giving me a direction to go in the future. It is mostly wordless. The way I'm constructing it the story wont need words. I got 1/4th of the way through sketching another book last month, so I hope to finish it this month. I do not believe that one will have words in it either.

I was not able to finish my three paintings today. Somehow I misplaced my pallet of watercolours. I'm hoping I just put it in the wrong area. I do not want to find it in my son's room! I did a bit of sketching and painting, but didn't make any great strides today.

After I finish my 3 paintings I need to get going on some other projects to round out my portfolio. I'd like a few more black and white artwork pieces in my portfolio. I don't have any people in my portfolio so I may need to do a few colour illustrations of that (but I don't think I'm going to make this my first priority). The other big thing is business card, post card and portfolio web page design. I would like to do something to tie all these together, so to the drawing board I will be going. 


Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work


Wed 04/02
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done
- Work on Illustrations - Never done, but progress was made today!

Thursday 04/03
Hoping that the two Toddler Supermen in my life wont drive me completely insane.

Friday 04/04

- Getting a hair cut.
- Doing all the things.

Saturday 04/05

- Buying Art Supplies?

Sunday 04/06

Send out interviews
-Meeting with the SCBWI illustrators!

Monday 04/07
-Putting my brain up for adoption

Tuesday 04/08

- Blog review

- Outside, sunshine and hopefully peace

Wednesday 04/09

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now

The amazing Chapter Book Challenge people! I know I've said it already, but thank you BECKY FIFE for creating this challenge. Also a great big shout out to everyone who wrote posts, gave prizes and was supportive in the Facebook Group! Love you all!

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
He is trying to make daddy and I his night time teddy bear! GAH!

Ect.
Hoping I can find people to take my classes. Also cutting carbs so you might not want to bug me for a while. :P

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment