Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Wrap Up

2013 was a great year. As the minutes are ticking down to the end of the year fireworks I'd like to look back at what I accomplished this year. At the start of the year I (as I often do) I posted a big long New Years Resolution. I will not be doing this next year but I will talk about that in my next post. You can read last year's resolution post here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/01/new-years-resolution-time.html

The following is what I wanted to accomplish in 2013.

1. Post On My Blog On a Daily Basis. This so did not happen. Neither did posting a pic weekly. I will not be attempting a daily blog this year. It's just too much time that I don't have!

2. Send Out Work To Be Published I sent out a spot illustration at the end of 2012 to the SCBWI Bulletin. I did not get it published yet, but I did get a nice letter that it was being kept on file. This year one of my stories and two of my illustrations ended up in anthologies for the Chapter Book Challenge. The anthologies were 

SuperHERo Tales: A Collection of Female Superhero Stories (story) and 

Jingle Bells: Tales of Holiday Spirit from Around the World (illustrations) 


3. Finish My In-Progress Picture Book So did not happen this year!

4. Come Up With (AT LEAST) 8 Picture Book Ideas Thanks to PiBoIdMo I have over 30 ideas for Picture Books for next year. I wrote at least 5 picture books this year, but all of them need to be edited before sending for publication.

The only other thing that I achieved of note is that I lost 30+ pounds this year and kept it off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment