Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Because I Didn't Write

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was going to do the 100 Days of Summer writing challenge (see it here http://www.shannonabercrombie.com/ ). I was all geared up and ready to go. Monday came and I read the challenge excitedly. Something happened, but I forget what it was. I'm sure it had something to do with my toddler. I kept going back to the webpage several times that day, but every time something would draw me away from my computer. The end of the day came and as I was lying in my bed I realized that I never did write anything.

Talk about an epic fail! It's Tuesday now, and it's 9:16pm and I haven't had the chance to write anything all day. I'm debating the odds of actually me sitting down and writing this thing. They don't look too good. Maybe I'll start the challenge tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered putting a notebook by your bed? I think even if you scribble out a paragraph about not being able to write, it helps keep your writing muscle limber. Good luck and if you don't write every day, write every day that it's possible, given the highly invasive toddler factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a notebook by my bed until my son threw it across the floor (every time he saw it! ha ha ha). It's a lot more difficult to write right now because he's sick. Thank you for the advice Joy! I know I can't write every day, but I aim to. It's so easy not to do things when you have a toddler distracting you. David wont be young forever, so I just have to keep trying and keep up my drive through to when he's in Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete