
Smart Note: Both: Final Illustrations -- Page 19
Reg: Substrate - Page 18
I have wanted to trap Ksenia's words on my blog forever. Now I have that chance! Ksenia is a genius at writing and marketing. The thing about Ksenia is she doesn't really market. She socializes like mad. Over the past few years Ksenia has laid the foundation of her book empire. I am just in awe of the way Ksenia interacts with people on social media. She's even known to give out a book or two thousand. I mean, she is probably planning on murdering us all later, but I'm still in awe!
-----
Dani: Where did you learn so much about marketing?
![]() |
| Photo Credit: David Peterman https://www.theyareonlypixels.com/ |
Dani: Which fantasy being or animal would you become if you had the choice?
Ksenia: Dragon. I was born in a year of a Dragon, and ever since I learned that (as a little girl), I imagined myself as a Dragon.
![]() |
| https://www.instagram.com/vatnsmelona/ |
Dani: What is your favorite form of social media?
Ksenia: Patreon is my latest love, and it’s going to be my love for years to come, I have a feeling. It’s the best place to create a community that’s private, loyal, and supportive. I’ve shifted most of my social media presence to Patreon now, and I couldn’t be happier (I only wish I did it sooner!).

Dani: How did interacting with people help you grow your following?
Ksenia: It’s all a conversation. A dialogue. A building of friendships. I don’t view it as a following, I view it as my tribe, my people where I belong, and where they belong. Where we belong together. As one community. I can’t be me and create and thrive without my community, just like any other artist. And so we’re growing together, all of us, by having a conversation.
Dani: What's the one thing that propelled you most in your career?
Ksenia: The stubbornness of not quitting. There were many times when I was tempted. The book didn’t sell well. The idea didn’t develop the way I wanted it to. Someone criticized me harshly. I was blocked, tired, discouraged. Or writing was so painful, I didn’t think I could go on. It was only sheer stubbornness that carried me through these moments. Or propelled. Or pushed me forward. And it was thanks to those moments that I was able to look back and realize, it’s not me who has to make it. It’s not about me. It’s about all of us. I’m one with my readers, and with other writers, and they’re all one with me. After this clicked for me, quitting became a non-option.
![]() |
| Image taken by We Love Reading https://www.instagram.com/welovereadingza/ |
Ksenia: Selling is serving. It’s very easy to serve your readers if all you do is ask questions and listen. Listen until you find the need they have, then and only then, when they ask you in turn, tell them about your book. Often at that point, if you’ve exercised enough patience and truly listened, truly saw the other person, truly heard them, the sale happens on its own. It’s not always monetary. Quite often it’s the commitment of your reader to give you time, or offer some other help. And you never know to how many people they’ll talk to and tell about you and your work. It’s an exercise in faith in humanity, in people. Give them love, and they’ll want to return it. It might take them days, or maybe even years. Never falter. Never stop. They will. It’s human nature. We all want to give. We’re simply scared of giving because we’ve all been burned. Give your reader enough space to vent, to talk, to be heard, and they’ll move mountains for you. I promise.
![]() |
| https://www.instagram.com/sorceryandswords |
------
Follow Ksenia
Website/Blog: https://www.kseniaanske.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kseniaanske
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/kseniaanske/posts
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kseniaanskeauthor/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kseniaanske/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/kseniaanske/





Fantastic post! Thank you so much for sharing these tips!
ReplyDeleteI love your philosophy! Thank you for sharing. :-)
ReplyDelete