Monday, May 14, 2012

Why I Did Not Post (and Other Likely Stories)

I would have liked to post a lot more lately. I've been quite busy with family illnesses and haven't made quite the progress I wanted to make. The truth is, when all is said and done, my cat is really the one at fault. 

Why I Did Not Post

My cat, made me unable to post.
My cat, you see, is meaner than most.
A cat you’ll say, but don’t they just play?
A cat I’ll say, just sat in my way.
She hid the camera in the couch.
She bit my foot ‘til I said, “ouch”!
She wouldn’t let me type the keys.
(She threatened to infest with fleas.)
She smacked away the laptop mouse,
She’s taking over my whole house!
She begs and pleas now for a treat.


Maybe most people would have spent this last half hour working on their artwork. I prefer to tell the truth in rhyme (good or bad you decide) while sipping coffee and eating a sandwich. If that was wrong, then I just don't want to be right.

Good news though, I do have something more to post then a questionably fabulous rhyme. This is a painting I'm working on for my Mother-in-Law. This was taken with a cell phone and adjusted to make up  for the skewing and colour problems that occurred. I hope the next picture will be a better representation of this painting. 


I tried to finish this before Mother's Day, but I ended up feeling too weak to work on it. I worked out today and now that I've posted I'm going to take it easy. Getting over a nasty cold/stomach bug.  Having a bit of a fun sketching/research day today. Hopefully I'll feel better the next baby-free day, so I can work on more things.



2 comments:

  1. Send that cat over here and I'll give her a talking-to.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got her in the shipping box now. What's the address? :P

    ReplyDelete