Thursday, February 18, 2016

Goals, Goals, Goals!

You may or may not know that I had a little one January 30th. His name is Michael Allen Duck. He's been keeping me pretty busy the last few weeks. I also have a crazy 5 year old named David. I'm getting back into the groove of things. Michael is much easier to take care of than my oldest, so I am so antsy to get back into drawing and writing. I want to take this moment to write down my goals (while baby is sleeping).
1. Win the 12x12 I've done the 12x12 (12 picture books in 12 months) for years now.  I've still never written 12 picture books in 12 months. I'm going to rectify that this year. It is a great community and has helped me become a better Writer and Illustrator. There is still a little time to join: http://12x12challenge.com/membership

 2. Create More Dummies I'd like to create at least 2-3 picture book dummies this year. It will be tough, but I think it's a reasonable goal.

3. Refine Current Dummies I need to edit the dummies I have currently. So far they haven't been picked up for publication. I have some strong ideas for these, and I believe the stories are strong enough to spend the time refining them.

4. Make Some Coloring Books I want to try my hand at a few coloring books this year. It should take less time than a PB dummy because the images don't have to be in color.

5. Submit Work to Magazines I've severely been lacking in this. I want to have some of my work printed in magazines this year.

6. Secure an Agent or Art Rep I feel like this is doable this year, so I'm doing it!

7. Send out Art to Editors I haven't done this, so I need to get my art submissions in gear.

I will be continuing Smart Dummies this year. I already have a few people interested as guest bloggers. I'm hoping to have even more prizes this year and do a lot more prep work. It should be a great year!



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your art goals. You reminded me that I also wanted to try my hand at creating coloring books - seemed to have forgotten it while I was working on my PB dummies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like great art goals! I have a few myself, though if I don't make all of them one of my resolutions was to not get down on myself because I didn't make it all resolutions!

    ReplyDelete