Saturday, October 15, 2016

Smart Dummies Break!

Obligatory cute kid and baby photo
This is just a little break between your regularly scheduled posts! If you don't know already: I was terribly ill this week.  I'm a bit behind on telling you where you should be in Smart Dummies. I thought now would be a good place to take a break from your regularly scheduled posts to make sure everything is sorted out!

Important: If I don't know who you are, then you can't win prizes! There are a few people who didn't give a link to their website, an email and a few didn't even provide a last name. Please send me a message via the contact link (or on facebook) to make sure I know who you are! If you are not part of the Facebook Group you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/548159692008535/  It's not manditory, but it's a wonderful place for us to get together!

Obligatory baby photo
Where you should be: 

Right now you should have all of your loose drawings done. So now step back and take a look at all your drawings. It also helps taking a cell phone picture of your work. Seeing the image smaller will help you see your mistakes. Flipping the image backwards will also help you to find the problem areas in your work.


DON'T PANIC!

It's very important at this point of the event that you don't panic. Believe me, ever since I had my first child I'm prone to panic attacks/anxiety. This is still doable if you are behind. You just need to manage your time.

Break what you have done into pieces instead of looking it as a whole. GAH I HAVE TWENTY FOUR PAGES LEFT TO DRAW AND I'VE BARELY GOT ANYTHING DONE. I'M A FAILURE! I'LL NEVER FINISH. <--Stop thinking like this right now!

If you have 24 pages to do then you just have have to finish a page and a half every day. If you give yourself an hour or two every day then that should be enough time to finish. Take each day one at a time.

Smart Dummies is to help you work faster and more focused. If you don't finish, then you will end up with a good start.

Forgive Yourself
Obligatory kid photo

Most importantly forgive yourself. Forgive yourself if you haven't gotten anywhere yet. Forgive yourself if you can't draw that one thing. Forgive yourself if you don't finish your dummy this month, or even next month. Forgive yourself if you aren't a diety. Things happen. Life gets in the way. It's okay to be human.

It's not okay to hold on to the guilt forever.
It's not okay to if guilt keeps you from drawing.
It's not okay to write poo right here.

 Good luck on your dummies. I'm rooting for you!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the friendly push to work, Dani! I'm glad you are feeling better. It must have been horribly bad. Hugs and keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute kids! :) I have 12 pages so far. I need to work more on the story though if I want to finish in time. A strong story makes things seem easier. I know, we've been told over and over... Lol! I hope you'e feeling better. Ah, winter is in the air. Thanks for the encouragements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it all drawn except for one spread. It's a complicated one and I keep putting it off. Today - now - I just have to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drawings? What drawings? :D I didn't know you were sick, but I hope you're on the mend now and also that you haven't lost power in the wind/rain storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dani! Glad you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard you can send your dummy with more than 24 pages, so that the publishing professionals can cut what they don't like. What have you heard?

    ReplyDelete