Sunday, July 3, 2016

What Will Fat Cat Sit On?

Today I'm going to write about on of our favorite books on my son's bookshelf: "What Will Fat Cat Sit On? by Jan Thomas. Michael has agreed to help me out with this story. This book is about a fat cat that desperately needs a place to rest. It's a good thing this book has a narrator or else Fat Cat would just squish everything in Fat Cat's path.


















"What will Fat Cat Sit On?" is wildly hilarious. It is even more so when you have a tiny baby trying to grab 2-D animals while your read. If you don't have a tiny baby, then borrow one. If you actually want to be able to turn the pages easily I suggest reading it in the bookstore first.


It's not just the words that make this book funny. The fonts and colors of the words add so much depth to the book. In many books you may have to guess (or have read the story) to know how to read said story aloud. With the fonts that are used in this book it makes it easy to read the book as it was intended by the Jan herself.

 The pictures help to make the book. Jan uses thick lines and flat, ((mostly pale) colors. The expressions on the animals are priceless. David, my 5 year old, loves looking through each of Jan's books after I read the story so he doesn't miss anything in the pictures.

I hope you will check out "What Will Fat Cat Sit On? It's a tasty treat for all ages.*

*Please do not actually feed this book to your kids. Any book eating in this post is purely fictional. No books were harmed in the m


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I like the art and font style too. I'll have to check out the book.

    ReplyDelete