Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Start of Something Spectacular

I am so, so, sorry that I have been neglecting my blog as of late. I have been spending oh so much time working on illustrations for my upcoming art display at VCON. I have several that I've made considerable progress on and this makes me very happy!

My scanner refuses to work without the replacement of a yellow ink cartridge. I believe I may give up on my Epson Stylus NX330. The good thing is I have taken some pictures of the artwork I've worked on lately and can share some progress photos with you over the next few weeks.

I'm setting this up as a colouring page because I've had trouble with some web sites taking my images and not giving me credit. This wont completely stop that behaviour, but it does discourage it a bit. And yes feel free to print and colour this. My illustration was uploaded via my iPhone so unfortunately the quality is less than it would be as a scan.

This is a black and white line drawing of a fairy garden.  Originally I wanted this to be a 5 x 7 piece. All of the fairies did fit in that space, but they were all too close together! I decided instead to space them out. I'm uncertain if I'm going to colour the background for this piece or leave it white.

2 comments:

  1. Kids would enjoy coloring this, especially in class while the teacher read a story about Fairies :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so Catherine. I would love to hear of teachers using my coloring sheets in a classroom. I've also got a new secret coloring book that I'm collaborating on with a few other artists. Hrm, maybe telling people that makes it not a secret. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete