Monday, August 4, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 9

I meant to write more in this space last week and it seems as though I cut myself off early. No idea what I was going to say, but it was going to be amazing! I received word back from the Dr. that I have no damage to my spine (at least not my neck). Now I'm just waiting on word to go in for another test. 

I've been having trouble the last few weeks working on anything. Between the low iron, nerve problems (my arms are going numb) and not having my usual toddler free day... well I've just not been able to do much. I'm hoping this week is better.  

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

My goals for last week:

Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Write some articles for the SCBWI Bulletin.
Work on new black and white spot illustrations.
Send out interview questions. 


The new dummy is kind of on the back burner right now while I come up with new inspiration. I started laying out the illustrations for my book, but haven't finished with that yet. I didn't get a chance to work on any new illustrations for the bulletin or work or send out new interview questions. I did work on editing the articles, but need to do some fact checking to finish one up. All in all it was a meh week.

MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK



Work on Illustrations for the VCON art show.
Send out interview questions. 
Write some articles for the SCBWI Bulletin.
Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.

I'm changing one of my goals this week and reordering them to prioritize. I've been accepted to the VCON art show http://vcon.ca/ so I need to do a few more pieces that fit into that genre. My dummy isn't really less important, but I need to set it aside so I can think about it more. 

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED

Killing the "you"s in my articles was hard.

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Iron, nerve stuff and a crazy kid. Same as last week!

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

Well it's not my WIP, but the art director at VCON loved my artwork, so I love that she loves my work! 

This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerKaty UppermanErin Funk, and Jamie Morrow. Please visit their blogs to help continue great events such as this!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being accepted at VCON, and I hope you get some down time soon! I don't have a toddler yet, but my baby boy has so much energy, it is hard to keep up!

    ReplyDelete