Monday, August 11, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 10

I got my nerves tested today. It was a shocking experience... they literally sent tiny jolts of electricity through my body. It wasn't painful... about like a static electricity shock. They didn't find anything. It could be early Carpal Tunnel syndrome or it could be something else completely. 

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

My goals for last week:

Work on Illustrations for the VCON art show.
Send out interview questions. 
Write some articles for the SCBWI Bulletin.
Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.

So I didn't get to any dummy work this week or send out questions (have to do the questions this week). I did a bit on the articles I have for the Bulletin. I did start on several illustrations for the VCON art show. Hoping to have a few more days this week to work on artwork. Oh, also I officially reserved 2 panels (a panel is 4x4 square) and 10 print illustration slots in the VCON gallery's art shop!

MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK



Work on Illustrations for the VCON art show.
Send out interview questions. 
Write some articles for the SCBWI Bulletin.

I'm just taking the dummy off my "to do" list for now. If I get time or inspiration I'll work on them. I'd rather focus on the three things on my list right now. I found out that I don't really need to frame my artwork for the art show, so that leaves me with more money/time to work on artwork.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I DREW/WROTE/REVISED

I drew more dragons this week than I have in my entire life!

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Lack of sleep and exhaustion!

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

That I can use some of my old drawings as ideas for new work. Some of them are rendered better than others, but I can adapt everything to my current style. I have at least 5-7 drawings I have started. My whole art display wont be Mermaids!

This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerKaty UppermanErin Funk, and Jamie Morrow. Please visit their blogs to help continue great events such as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment