Monday, July 16, 2012

And Now for Something Completely Different..



So a few days ago I got a comment from Katrina DeLallo that she gave me two awards. She made a lovely post on her own blog and links to five wonderful blogs. You can visit her website at http://katrinadelallo.blogspot.ca/ Now it's my turn.




In order to be worthy of these awards I have to tell you seven things about myself. I suppose these should be seven things about myself that can't be read in my bio.

1) I hate milk. It's gross. If I'm to drink it, then it must contain tons (and I mean tons) of a chocolate flavoured syrup or powder.

2) I have (at least) seven email addresses. They all have their purposes. A couple of these I rarely use any more. I'm sure they'll soon be replaced!

3) I always have a list of things to do in my head. I remember most things I need to do, and sometimes the lack of doing these keeps me up at night. I should get a notepad, phone, or even use my computer to keep these notes, but what fun would that be?

4) I use to have an obsession with nail polish. I use to buy any colour I thought was cool and wear them maybe once or twice. I stopped this after I had David, because I was afraid it wasn't good for him or some silly thing. Now it's just impossible to wait the time it takes for my nails to dry.

5) I was convinced before college that I would be a computer animator/comic book artist. I'm not really sure if I have the patience for either any more. Funny how things change!

6) You probably know this, but I've never, ever submitted anything to a publisher. I've wanted to, and plan on doing so soon. I've never felt that I've had anything good enough to show, so I've not submitted anything.

7) I have had 6 blogs in all. My first was Paw Prints and it was about my cats. I stopped posting there when one of the cats passed away. That was way back in 2006. My other blogs include three art blogs. One was a daily blog (I had 158 posts before I stopped. Pregnacy and a daily blog wasn't working for me.) one was much like this one, but I ended it back in May, because I wasn't liking the format. I have a private one that has pictures of my son, David. And a new daily one that I've started:  http://abstractmom.blogspot.ca/ I'm keeping that one separate from the other ones because it's more maturer stuff than I have here. Nothing about art their either.

Okay now I need seven bloggers. This was not an easy decision at all! There are a lot of blogs I love, but I've decided to only post ones that post consistently and have recent posts. In no particular order:

1) Ginger*:)
2) Nancy Merkle
3) Candace Trew Camling
4) Daisy
5) Ann
6) Nelmarie Rennison
7) Dani Jones (No relation ha ha!)

So now I go to each of their blogs and tell them what I've done. Hopefully they don't shriek in horror when they find out! Be sure to check these out. 5 and 6 are cooking blogs and the rest are artists. All great sites. Check them out!


3 comments:

  1. Let us know so we can celebrate when #6 is no longer valid. Don't say to whom, just that you crossed that river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award Dani....I am for sure going to choose my 7 and now....I have to go and think about what I want to let out the bag :D Nelmarie from The PaperCup Kitchen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will so post it here that I'm submitting, Mirka! I will be submitting to several places so it will be good practice. Also will post my first rejection letter, but will censor the names and anything related to the publishing company.

    Thank you for having such a wonderful blog Nalmarie! I was more than happy to post a link to your blog here!

    ReplyDelete