Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SCBWI Conference Here I Come... Maybe


     I don't know why it suddenly hit me that I should attend a Writer's/Illustrator's conference, but it did and now I'd be a bit upset if I didn't get to go. I was pursuing the boards at Verlakay's website
(http://www.verlakay.com/) and the conferences caught my eye. I've personally never been to a conference and I've always wanted to go to one. Most conferences have been in a far away land, or had a magically expensive price. Then I saw the saving grace of reasonable conferences.

     This conference: SCBWI's Western Canada Children’s Writers & Illustrators Conference. The web page can be seen here: http://www.scbwicanada.org/west/events.html It's inexpensive and only lasts one Saturday. Most conferences are several days long, but one day is possible for me to do. I've sent in my fee, and am awaiting confirmation of receipt. Unfortunately I didn't find out until late registration that there even was a conference like this. I'm eager to go, so I hope I got my registration in on time.

     I have a lot to do in order to be ready for this conference. I have two illustrations that I'll likely finish Friday. I'm not sure I have enough good stuff to flesh out my portfolio, so I will attempt to do a few more things before May 5th. I'll also need to get a lot of printing done before everything is said and done. Should be a lot of fun and it will really get me moving on my goals. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to go to my conference at Stateline, Nevada. I'll be thinking of you.

    (This is my first conference, and I'm TERRIFIED and jazzed at the same time. Can't wait! And at the same time, maybe it will never come. :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know if I'll be attending this conference for sure. I haven't received any confirmation. I know the cheque hasn't been cashed yet, so I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll be able to go.

      Delete