Tuesday, December 11, 2018

My Christmas Wish List #2: The Craft and Business of Writing Children's Picture Books

MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST # 2

I have known Mira Reisberg for many years now. She has a love for teaching and wants those who create children's books and illustrations to succeed! Mira often has free webinars she hosts and these are packed with wonderful information!

I took "The Craft and Business of Illustrating Picture Books" from The Children's Book Academy earlier this year. I don't have time to post a full review of the course, but I'll give you some of the highlights! This is the writing course, but a lot of the main components stay the same.

SCHOLARSHIPS: DECEMBER 15th Deadline. http://www.childrensbookacademy.com/yuyi-morales-picture-book-scholarship.html There are diversity scholarships (and low income scholarships) for this course! There were not enough people applying for the diversity scholarships last class, so be sure to apply. Let's make the children's industry more diverse!

There is also a discount code on the page and that's good until the end of the week! Find the code here, but hurry, because it will be gone soon! Save $100!
https://wj168.infusionsoft.app/app/hostedEmail/1962074/8c7914e6987899c8

* Course Materials There was just so much information packed into this course! There were hours and hours of videos to watch. Techniques, tips and tutorials were discussed.

* Good for All Skill Levels This course contains information from all skill levels. If you are just starting out you can get a strong foundation for art. For more advanced students this class pushes you to do your best.

* Dedicated Staff  Like I said, Mira cares about the people in her course. The people helping out with the course are absolutely wonderful. They all take the time to answer questions.

* Golden Tickets This is the exciting part of the class! You can get your work seen by editors and agents (and art directors in the illustration class). 

* One on One
I kicked myself for not getting a one on one for the illustration course. These give you 1 hour with Mira Reisberg (Clear Fork Publishing) or Kelly Delany (Random House/Knopf). Their normal consulting fees are much higher than the $100 you'll pay, so this is very much worth it!

It takes a lot of work to catch the eye of industry professionals. The illustration class is absolutely what I needed to get to the next level in my art career.

The reason this class is #2 on my list is because I'm still processing what I learned from the past class. It's an ongoing experience, really. I have learned so much about my illustration and now I'm working on dummies and my portfolio so I can show what I can really do with my art! Even had said this, Mira's writing class is definitely in my future!

Want to know more about "The Craft and Business of Illustrating Picture Books"? Click here: http://www.childrensbookacademy.com/writing-childrens-picture-books.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.