Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017 Goals!

I am hoping this year will be a lot better than last year. Yesterday I said how I didn't come close to completing all of my goals for the year. This year I want to do better. I hope that the problems I'm now facing wont keep me from my goals.

Please note that I usually make these goals with the understanding that I wont complete them all. I like to make big plans for every year. If I achieve even part of these I'll be pretty happy.

1. Win Storystorm 

Storystorm use to be PiBoIdMo, but has been changed for all ages/genres. You just have to come up with 30 story ideas in 30 days (they can be as short as one sentence or as long as a first draft). I'm super excited about this, so I want to make sure you all get a chance to register. I'm even making my husband try it out this year. Go to https://taralazar.com/2016/12/27/storystorm-2017-registration-is-open/ before January 7th!

For fun I will be posting ridiculous story ideas throughout January. 

2. Win the 12x12 Challenge

This is an important goal for me. I've competed in the 12x12 Challenge (12 picture books in 12 months) in the last 3 (or is it 4 now?) years and haven't focused enough to complete the challenge. This is an absolutely wonderful challenge that has wonderful webinars, prizes and support groups to help you achieve your goals. Sign up starts January 10th http://12x12challenge.com/

3. Look for Freelance Illustration Work
I love doing the freelance work I do get, but it would be lovely if I could earn a living off of art!

4. Finish 2-3 Picture Book Dummies

5. Submit at Least 6 Different Manuscripts to Editors/Agents 

6. Spend More Focused Time on Social Media
My time online really suffered in the past two years. I'd like to do more of it, if I only get a chance to #kidlitart on Twitter every now and again!

7. Spend More Time With Family

This is so not the last thing I'm going to do. If I'm being honest, then this is the first. Seven is my favorite number, so this is why I made it #7. This is also kind of a work thing, because I'd also like to document more of what my kids say and do so I can use them in books.

Happy 2017 Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the goals. Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work! I'm making a similar list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2017! Storystorm sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete