Please give those that donated their time to this event your love! If you are able, please comment on the posts. If you want to win a prize you must comment on that post to win!
|Smart Dummies Participant Badge!|
Smart Dummies Shop:
http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2016/09/smart-giveaway.html Any money earned will go to prizes and allow me to continue the event next year.
I believe that it was Nina Falkestav that asked if you have to draw your dummy. You do not. You can use collage, paint, ink, coffee stains, photography and anything else you can think of to finish your dummy! Be sure to Join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/548159692008535/
Check out this post about story and prep for the competion: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2016/09/smart-dummies-prep-and-story.html
Once again, here is what you need to win Smart Dummies:
To win Smart Dummies you'll need a polished picture book dummy. Dummies run between 24-30 pages. Many agents/editors want more pages, so keep this in mind while working on your dummy.
Here is a quick list of what you'll need:
- Pencils/Mechanical Pencils/Paint (Whatever you want to use.)
- Paper (Can be computer paper!)
- Erasers of all sorts
- Your polished manuscript (or strong ideas for a story if wordless)
- Access to a computer to see the posts
Things you might want to have:
- Drawing books & books on craft
- Character Designs
- Thumbnails (tiny drawings to outline your script)
- A critique group for feedback (Contact me if you would like to join a group)
- A scanner (camera) to share your work with your group