Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Smart Dummies Oath!

Here it is! The winner's oath. If you completed 24-30 pages (or 12-15 spreads) CONGRATULATIONS are in order. You have completed the Smart Dummies challenge! Your images just need to be black and white. The images can all be done in pencil.

You do not need to send me anything this year. We are on the honor's system. You MUST SIGN this oath in order to be eligible for most prizes and have signed up at the beginning of the event. Please comment on the posts of the prizes you want! I'll post the links for all prizes in the next post today so you don't need to search.

The Smart Dummies Oath: 

I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge. I have at least 24 pages (or 12 spreads) completed for my Picture Book Dummy. I understand that lying about this only hurts me and will leave me subject to a death by killer dust bunnies.* I will continue working on turning this dummy into an awesome picture book.

*Killer dust bunnies may or may not be a complete and utter myth.
-----

That's it! You have about a week until I start drawing prizes. Thank you all for being a part of this event! Even if you didn't win this event know that you are a winner for just attempting a dummy. This is just one challenge. Stay in the Smart Dummies Facebook group so you can keep learning about dummies all year long!


21 comments:

  1. i did it! It was great/really hard to be forced to really focus on producing art consistantly. I started using the eldridge technique of listening to the same song to program my mind to create. Thanks again Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do solemnly swear I finished it! No dust bunnies here. And I love it. Thank-you so much Dani and all the contributors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't finish... too much life going on... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge. I have at least 24 pages (or 12 spreads) completed for my Picture Book Dummy. I understand that lying about this only hurts me and will leave me subject to a death by killer dust bunnies.* I will continue working on turning this dummy into an awesome picture book.

    What I really need now is a professional critique of my dummy or a consultation to help me figure out what to do next, although I would be very grateful to receive a book. Really happy. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how this got deleted! :/

      Delete
  6. I'm done! (Still counts Even if I want to do some revising right?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Marla. If you have a reasonable draft done then you're fine. I just did some revising on a dummy I've been sending out. Dummies and manuscripts are never truly done until they are in print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dani, Thanks to you and your guests! Smart Dummies has been great! I didn't finish a final dummy, but am happy to have finished 2 lousy dummies and refined my story! I'm inspired to keep working on it. Thanks!! lisakwillard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I finished the Smart Dummy challenge. Don't know how my original 'yes, I finished' got deleted either.
    Thanks for asking again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I solemnly swear! I loved this and thank you so much to Dani and her guests! Dyann Joyce (having a hard time leaving a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  11. (And thanks! I loved the posts and it's always nice to work towards a goal with kidlit friends!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did it. Thanks for the inspiring month of posts from so many greats in the kidlit industry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did it!! Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear I have completed the SmartDummies Challenge. It was a great experience. Thanks for the opportunity. I have really enjoyed the interviews and am looking forward to more. Thanks again, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have completed ✅ the Smart Dummy Challenge 2016 and shall continue to the next steps to getting the book published.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do solemnly swear that I have indeed finished 24 pages in my dummy,an thereby have completed the Smart Dummies challenge for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Dani for setting up this wonderful challenge... I finished and love my story. My layout is active and I think moves at a good pace. Now its time for me to really focus on my character development...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear! and thank you so much for all the time and talent you gave us this month:)

    ReplyDelete