Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What's Up Wednesday!

It was a crazy week this week! Wait, no it was a perfectly normal week for me. I can't say anything out of the ordinary happened, but I just feel like I'm busier than usual. I wasn't able to get to my blog review on Tuesday but maybe I can pick that back up tomorrow (toddler willing). I was able to sit in on an Art Class this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun watching the children work and Art was a great instructor. My only hope is that I can be half as good as he is now.

What I'm Reading


I just found my book today, so hopefully I'll have time to read it by next Wednesday.


What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I was able to do some painting today. I think I'm about 90% done with the three paintings I've been working on lately. I think after this I'll take a break and do some spot illustration.

For the 12 x 12 I haven't done as much as I was hoping to. I do have a couple of drafts going this month, so that's good. They are thumbnail sketches and aren't fully formed as ideas yet, but I'll work on that soon enough. I might even be able to say I have a book for this month's draft. Though it will very likely be a wordless picture book.

As of last night I'm up to 15,003 words for my YA novella draft for the Chapter Book Challenge. This is a yearly challenge to write a chapter book. My story is of the superhero sort. I don't think I'm going to have any trouble to get the last 10,000 words of my story done, but I don't know if I'll be happy keeping it as a novella. I will likely break down and write another 25,000 words to make it a proper YA novel. After that's done I'll go from there. Who knows, I may just end up with a graphic novel in the end.

Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work
- Writing my YA novel

Wed 03/26
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done
- Work on Illustrations - Never done, but progress was made today!

Thursday 03/27
Work on some paintings and preparations for my Art Instructor position.

Friday 03/28

- Interview with Tracey M. Cox!
- Spending time with friends.

Saturday 03/29

- Toddler Birthday Party

Sunday 03/30

More interviews!

Monday 03/31

- Discovering what the Boot Scoot Boogie entails. 

Tuesday 04/01

- Blog review... likely

- Finding things to do with my boy.

Wednesday 04/02

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now

My husband! <- Yes I said this last week but I'm too lazy to change it! Yep, instead of changing it I tell you why I didn't change it. 

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
He's completely insane when he's sick. COMPLETELY INSANE!

Ect.
Hoping that I can start teaching art soon!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, painting! I have had no painting time for so long. I used to have a balance splitting my time between writing and art, but the writing has been going very well, and the art has had to sort of simmer in the corner.
    Good luck with the portfolio, and hope you get to teach your first class soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the Chapter Book Challenge. That sounds really cool. I'm not a regular painter, but I love going to Painting with a Twist. It's wonderful to create something with vivid colors on canvas. You could probably teach one of those classes yourself!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete