Friday, March 8, 2013

Jeff Carney

You can't visit Jeff Carney's webpage and not crack a smile (go ahead, I dare you). His warning alone sent me into a fit of giggles. I chose to ignore his warning and you should as well if you know what's best for you. Instead you should visit his website here: http://www.jeffcarney.net and the blog within the website here: http://www.jeffcarney.net/blog/

Jeff Carney's webpage has everything that an authors website should have. He talks about his terrible struggles in the morning, and his heartbreaking burden of having to listen to the same radio station every time he gets into the car! He is a great writer, though. You know how I know? It's because a cat loves his book. If you can get a cat to love your book then you are going right to the best sellers list!

Seriously (however slight that seriousness might be) Jeff is a great writer. The real reason I know this is because I read the chapter in his book and his blog as well! The characters in his story feel real, the writing is compelling and the words flow well. It also doesn't hurt that he has a great sense of humour and this shows in the excerpt he shares with us. My only regret in reading about his books is that Jeff's new book sounds awesome and it's not published so I can read it.

Jeff's blog is a lot of fun to read. He has spoken a lot about writing, but it's not his main focus for his blog. My favourite articles are the ones about impossible situations that people write about, but I digress... What is Jeff Carney's blog about? I'm not really sure, because it runs the gambit of all possible subjects. You'd think that a blog like this wouldn't make sense, but it's a perfect mash up of everything. Jeff's posts are witty, thought provoking and just plain fun to read.  

I have not officially read more than a chapter of Jeff's books, but I think his writing style is right up my alley. I can't wait to get a hold of a copy of his books so I can devour them. Jeff, if you are reading this: Go write a few more books for us to read! 

 I can't believe it I got to review another extremely talented person's blog. I'll have no luck next week finding an untalented person, because I have a great illustrator's site to review! Check back next week to see my review of Wendy Martin's Illustration website. It's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment